A Maiden woman was stabbed by a Lincolnton woman in a convenience store parking lot Sunday. Police say the altercation resulted from an ongoing feud between the women.
More details in the Tuesday edition of The O-N-E.
In Alexander County a domestic dispute turned into a death, when a sheriff’s deputy shot a man after he charged law enforcement with an ax.
After citizen complaints to county leaders and a report by The O-N-E last week, N.C. Department of Transportation is going to change the speed limit on Grace Church Road.
Election filing in North Carolina began yesterday, and already candidates are lining up to fill county commission posts.
• St. Stephens’ boys hit 10 three-pointers to sink Fred T. Foard in the Northwestern 3A Conference tournament.
• Newton-Conover City Schools has followed suit with Catawba County Schools for next year’s class calendar. School starts Aug. 7 for students countywide: www.observernewsonline.com/content/nccs-school-board-approves-2012-13-ca... 
• Newton-Conover Health Science High School has a new name: www.observernewsonline.com/content/nccs-school-board-approves-2012-13-ca... .
• Get the complete prep sports round-up with The O-N-E Prep notebook: www.observernewsonline.com/content/prep-notebook-n-c-bandys-advance-semis .
• Maiden, St. Stephens athletes finish strong in state pole vault championships.
• Newton Kiwanis Club is recruiting new members with “Night at the Museum” event.
• Catawba County Parenting Network honors employees.
• Enter the Roundball Picks basketball pick ‘em and win money.