Catawba County health officials are still investigating an illness outbreak at a Conover restaurant.
If you ate at Harbor Inn Seafood Jan. 13-22, the county’s public health department wants to hear from you, whether you were sick or not.
More details in the Wednesday print and online editions of The Observer News Enterprise.
The Corner Table soup kitchen in Newton is marking 10 years of serving hot meals to the community’s residents.
Catawba County Schools expect a major budget shortfall — and a dip into the savings account may be required. Meanwhile the system’s teachers and students could go back to school at the start of August.
The county’s second rabies case in 2012 was reported after a puppy was bitten by a rabid skunk.
• High school wrestlers hit the mats Tuesday night. At Newton-Conover High, Red Devils seniors were saluted on a night when the team claimed a conference championship.
• At Bandys, the Trojans’ grapplers conquered Maiden. See the scoring details in the Wednesday print edition - get the rest of the story online: www.observernewsonline.com/content/bandys-tops-maiden-mat-earn-2a-playof... .
• Step aside Steve Austin, Catawba Valley Medical Center is helping to create a 21st century “bionic” men and women. See a photo of a physical therapy patient testing out his robotic limbs in The O-N-E’s Photo of the Week: www.observernewsonline.com/content/photo-week-12 .
• Get the complete prep sports round-up in Prep Notebook: www.observernewsonline.com/content/prep-notebook-blue-devils-earn-third-... .
• Zahra Baker’s remains are back in Australia, but her mother doesn’t know anything about it.
• Catawba County’s budget office was saluted for producing an easy-to-read, user friendly spending plan for the county.
• Adam Baker has gone back to Australia and he took the remains of his murdered daughter with him, but what about all the 30-day jail sentence he received in Caldwell County? The O-N-E writer Nash Dunn said plenty of questions remain in the story. Also on PERSPECTIVES, N.C. Perspectives states a claim for civility in the gay marriage debate.
• Don’t miss you chance to win money in the “Super Pigskin Picks” contest.
Be sure to see the Wednesday edition of The O-N-E for the “Things to Do” calendar, obituaries, the Kids Pages, classifieds and more.