Severe weather swept through the Catawba Valley on Wednesday evening, and The Observer News Enterprise delivered information about storms and emergency warnings to online readers and Twitter followers throughout the event.
Get news updates on Twitter @TheONENews and visit www.observernewsonline.com  often for breaking news information.
During the severe weather event, 15 people were injured in Western North Carolina, with much of the damage in Burke and Rutherford counties. Get updated storm information with The O-N-E online: www.observernewsonline.com/content/15-injured-60-buildings-damages-storms .
State lawmakers are playing with teachers' paychecks. How? Find out in The O-N-E's Thursday print and online editions.
Catawba County's economy needs entrepreneurs to succeed, but how does the county help business start-ups flourish? Leader discuss strategies.
OUTLOOK is inside the Thursday O-N-E edition and this week's cover story focuses on the ukelele sensation who is coming to Newton-Conover auditorium. Find out more about Jake Shimabukuro in OUTLOOK, and don't miss his performance Jan. 27.
Other news in the Thursday print and online editions of The O-N-E:
• Conover will hold a special meeting today to consider a lease agreement and contract for the Manufacturing Solutions Center: www.observernewsonline.com/content/conover-consider-manufacturing-center... .
• Lenoir-Rhyne hangs on to defeat Wingate on the hardwood. The Hickory Crawdads announce the field staff for the 20th anniversary season.
• February library program explores the history of slavery. The Catawba County library system also has materials available focusing on Martin Luther King Jr. and the civil rights movement.
• Fifteen students complete EMT Paramedic Training at CVCC. See their picture in The O-N-E.
• Outlook editor Barbara Burns has a solution for the childhood obesity problem, and she shares it on the PERSPECTIVES page. Recent North Carolina perspectives argue that N.C. House Republican leaders waste time and act petty in their legislative wrangling.