Hickory High captured championship crowns in the 25th Annual Catawba Valley Classic last night. See complete details about all the tournament action in The O-N-E’s print and online editions. See the game blog here: www.observernewsonline.com/content/catawba-valley-classic-championship-b... .
Catawba County and north Carolina residents will see new laws take effect Monday. Getting cold medication gets more challenging. Teens must start logging driving time. Find out more details in Friday’s O-N-E.
The new year also brings more pain at the gas pump.
Catawba County’s board of commissioners race is getting crowded already. Who’s seeking election to two commission seats? Find out ONLY in The O-N-E.
COMING IN THE WEEKEND EDITION: The O-N-E chronicles the top stories of 2011.
• Help is coming in January for job seekers.
• A 33-year insurance agent in Newton retires.
• Rotarians lend support to the Catawba County Christmas Bureau.
• While technology makes communication easier for many, O-N-E Editor Matthew Tessnear says not every generation is tech-saavy.
• Have you voted in the reader poll? Cast your vote for the top news story of 2011.
• U.S. Sen. Richard Burr announces his GOP presidential endorsement: www.observernewsonline.com/content/campaign-trail-burr-backs-romney 
See Friday’s print edition of The O-N-E for obituaries, comics, classifieds, the “things to do” calendar and more community news. Be sure to visit www.observernewsonline.com  throughout the day for updates as breaking news occurs.