This week's felony convictions
The following citizens were convicted of felony offenses in Catawba County court this week:
* Brian Todd Hieb, 41, of Sherrills Ford, was convicted of felony second-degree murder and driving while impaired and was sentenced to 94-122 months in the Division of Adult Correction.
* James Robert Horne, 50, of Claremont, was convicted of felony failure to comply with sex offender registration and was sentenced to 15-18 months in the Division of Adult Correction.
* James Edward Blumke, II, 29, of Hickory, was convicted of felony possess / distribute meth precursor and felony maintain a vehicle or dwelling for controlled substances.
* Larry Elwood-Brown Steptoe, 31, of Hickory, was convicted of felony possession of firearm by felon and felony possess with intent to sell and deliver cocaine.
* Amanda Cecile Toney, 29, of Hickory, was convicted of felony possess methamphetamine.