Skip to main content

Structure fire damages Hickory building

February 11, 2011

An outbuilding and a mobile home were damaged Friday after live ashes spread to the structures from a burn barrel nearby. 

Hickory Fire Department arrived at 2221 First St. SE to find a fully involved fire in an outbuilding. The flames were spreading to an adjacent mobile home. 

Firefighters extinguished the blaze, but the outbuilding sustained heavy damage. The mobile home sustained moderate damage.

No one was injured. 

An investigator from the Catawba County Fire Marshal's Office determined the fire was caused by ashes from a burn barrel, which was being used in the yard. 

Maiden hadn’t made many mistakes in its first three football games this season. Game No. 4 Friday...
With a 24-6 lead at halftime, the St. Stephens football team appeared heading for its second win of...
Below is a look at prep football scores from Catawba County, as well as across the state: Catawba...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes