Skip to main content

Structure fire damages Hickory building

February 11, 2011

An outbuilding and a mobile home were damaged Friday after live ashes spread to the structures from a burn barrel nearby. 

Hickory Fire Department arrived at 2221 First St. SE to find a fully involved fire in an outbuilding. The flames were spreading to an adjacent mobile home. 

Firefighters extinguished the blaze, but the outbuilding sustained heavy damage. The mobile home sustained moderate damage.

No one was injured. 

An investigator from the Catawba County Fire Marshal's Office determined the fire was caused by ashes from a burn barrel, which was being used in the yard. 

Below is a look at Friday's first-round playoff basketball scores in the 2A and 3A ranks involving...
Graduating as an Indian from St. Stephens High School, Will Simms II knows something about being a...
Snow in the area once again cancelled first-round boys and girls playoff basketball games in...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes