Skip to main content

Structure fire damages Hickory building

February 11, 2011

An outbuilding and a mobile home were damaged Friday after live ashes spread to the structures from a burn barrel nearby. 

Hickory Fire Department arrived at 2221 First St. SE to find a fully involved fire in an outbuilding. The flames were spreading to an adjacent mobile home. 

Firefighters extinguished the blaze, but the outbuilding sustained heavy damage. The mobile home sustained moderate damage.

No one was injured. 

An investigator from the Catawba County Fire Marshal's Office determined the fire was caused by ashes from a burn barrel, which was being used in the yard. 

Facing 4th and 9 on its opening drive, the Newton-Conover football team capitalized on a special...
After more than 1,000 yards of offense and 16 total touchdowns, the St. Stephens Indians came away...
Below is a look at Friday's prep football scores from Catawba County and across the state: Catawba...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes