Skip to main content

Structure fire damages Hickory building

February 11, 2011

An outbuilding and a mobile home were damaged Friday after live ashes spread to the structures from a burn barrel nearby. 

Hickory Fire Department arrived at 2221 First St. SE to find a fully involved fire in an outbuilding. The flames were spreading to an adjacent mobile home. 

Firefighters extinguished the blaze, but the outbuilding sustained heavy damage. The mobile home sustained moderate damage.

No one was injured. 

An investigator from the Catawba County Fire Marshal's Office determined the fire was caused by ashes from a burn barrel, which was being used in the yard. 

Twenty years since the first-ever Brickyard 400, Conover native Dale Jarrett reflected this week on...
Through the trails of being an undrafted rookie, Brian Roberts hard work paid off on Wednesday. The...
Madi Story went out a winner Monday night during the North Carolina Coaches Association East-West...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes