Skip to main content

Soda machine causes fire

December 14, 2010

A Conover fast food restaurant was evacuated Tuesday after an electrical fire broke out.

An employee of Zaxby's restaurant on N.C. 16 called 9-1-1 shortly before 1 p.m. to report an electrical fire in the restaurant's fountain drink machine.

About 10 Conover firefighters responded to the scene and turned off power to the machine, causing the flames to die down, said Conover Fire Chief J. Mark Hinson.

Damage to the restaurant was minimal. About 15 people, including customers and employees were in the restaurant at the time of the fire. They were briefly evacuated from the building to allow the smoke and electrical fire smell to clear from the dining room, Hinson said.

The fire originated from the electrical box on the back of the fountain drink machine, Hinson said.

No one was injured.

Twenty years since the first-ever Brickyard 400, Conover native Dale Jarrett reflected this week on...
Through the trails of being an undrafted rookie, Brian Roberts hard work paid off on Wednesday. The...
Madi Story went out a winner Monday night during the North Carolina Coaches Association East-West...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes