Skip to main content

Outlet causes fire in house

February 4, 2011

One wall of a Newton home was damaged Thursday night from an overheated outlet.

Newton firefighters responded to a reported structure fire at 2255 Chatham St. on Thursday at 5:52 p.m.

Thirteen men from Newton Fire Department arrived on the scene to find no signs of fire coming from the inside of the house. They discovered an overheated outlet on the second level of the two-story structure, said Newton Fire Marshal Dale Coffey. It's unknown if the fire was in a bedroom.

The heat from the outlet expanded to the surrounding wall, causing the wall to grow hot and start burning. Newton responded with three engines, one ladder truck and one command vehicle.

No injuries were reported, and the fire was under control in 20 minutes.
Damage to the home was estimated at $500.

Twenty years since the first-ever Brickyard 400, Conover native Dale Jarrett reflected this week on...
Through the trails of being an undrafted rookie, Brian Roberts hard work paid off on Wednesday. The...
Madi Story went out a winner Monday night during the North Carolina Coaches Association East-West...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes