The O-N-E Morning Read: Tuesday, Dec. 27
Christmas has come and gone, but in the days ahead, signs of its departure will still be apparent on streets throughout Catawba County. How will you dispose of your live Christmas tree? Find out how to get rid of the trees the correct and legal way in the Tuesday edition of The Observer News Enterprise.
Also in The O-N-E, Maiden High senior student-athlete Dustin Hipps gets a special salute from the Carolina Panthers. Read more in The O-N-E’s print edition and online at www.observernewsonline.com/content/maidens-hipps-honored-panthers-game.
Is your events calendar for the “slow” week between Christmas and the New Year in need of “things to do?” See the calendar of events online, and don’t miss the Catawba County sports schedule for the week, www.observernewsonline.com/content/catawba-county-sports-schedule-1.
Other news featured in The O-N-E’s Tuesday print and online editions includes:
• It is holiday tournament time. While most Hickory Metro teams tip-off the Catawba Valley Classic at Hickory High and Catawba Valley Community college at 4 p.m., the Bandys Trojans will host their own tournament. Find out the playoff pairings for the Peoples Bank Holiday Clash ONLY in The O-N-E print edition.
• Be sure to keep track of Catawba Valley Classic action throughout the evening. Look for game updates online at www.observernewsonline.com, and follow The O-N-E on Twitter @TheONENews for scoring updates.
• Maiden Police officer Glenn Wagner completes an N.C. Justice Academy traffic enforcement and investigation program.
• Frye Regional Medical Center’s surgery center continues its success in the bariatric surgery field.
• O-N-E Sports Editor Cody Dalton marks his first year in Catawba County, and state lawmakers are exploring auto insurance risks and costs. More details on the Perspectives Page.
• Pick up a copy of The O-N-E for classifieds, obituaries and comics. Be sure to visit www.observernewsonline.com for updates as news breaks.
• What is Catawba County's biggest news story of the year? Vote in The O-N-E online poll.