The O-N-E Morning Read: Friday, June 15
A group of four Catawba County men were indicted this week on charges related to a counterfeit money operation.
Read more about their charges in the Friday edition of The O-N-E.
Also inside Friday’s edition
* Registration is under way for the annual Soldiers Reunion pageants. Pick up the Friday print edition of The Observer News Enterprise to find more details and where you can pick up an application.
* Citizens and the county’s government entities recognized Flag Day.
* A Newton disabled veteran’s home has been repaired with the help of a Statesville organization, and the successful project will be celebrated Saturday.
* The Catawba Valley Camera Club reveals the winners of its most recent photographic competition.
* The O-N-E Editor Matthew Tessnear thanks Catawba County for a historic nine months as he breaks the news of his departure.
* A Hickory couple thanks the Catawba County Sheriff’s Office for a memorable and informative Citizens Academy experience.
* Meet Hickory American Legion Post 48’s center fielder.
Get all these stories and more, plus local advertising, comics and a calendar of events inside the Friday edition of The Observer News Enterprise.
Get the latest snapshot of Catawba County news in an on-the-go podcast format. Visit http://themesh.tv/one-shot/ for The ONE shot.