The O-N-E Morning Read: ELECTION DAY 2011
A little more than a year ago attorney Shawn Clark was less than 250 votes from winning the Republican primary for the District 25 Attorney’s office. Today, he faces charges of extortion and obstruction of justice over accusations of a sexual affair with a client.
More details on the story are available in the Tuesday print edition of The Observer News Enterprise and online at www.observernewsonline.com.
Other news featured for Election Day 2011 includes:
• The 2010 Voting Primer: When you can vote; who’s on the ballot; and details on early voting turnout. Visit www.observernewsonline.com for Election Day updates as results are reported.
• School buses collide in the Bandys community.
• SPORTS: PRINT EXCLUSIVE: In 12 years, Newton-Conover High School athletes have won six state championship. The latest addition to the Championship Club at NCHS: Lady Red devils volleyball team. Photos and more in The O-N-E.
• Education: The Bandys Trojan drill team wins a JROTC competition.
• The cast for The Green Room Community Theatre is cast for the ‘Christmas Carol’ production.
Comics, classifieds, obituaries, Newton-Conover soccer results and more inside The Observer News Enterprise and www.observernewsonline.com.