Newton residents safe following Boston attacks
A pair of Newton residents, including 27-year-old Richard Harris and 31-year-old Jennifer Brown, appear to be safe following Monday's attacks at the 117th Boston Marathon.
Five Catawba County natives were among the field of 27,000 entrants in the Marathon, including Harris, Brown and Hickory residents Angela Hamilton, John Johnsen and Katie Ledford.
For more on the Boston Marathon attacks and local survivors, please visit observernewsonline.com and pick up a copy of Tuesday's O-N-E.
Area residents who ran in Monday's Boston Marathon
(according to Boston Marathon's website by zip code look up)
• Gavin Arsenault, 54, Statesville
• Josh Baker, 32, Valdese
• Matt Broughton, 46, Sherrills Ford
• Jennifer Brown, 31, Newton
• David Garmon, 60, Lincolnton
• Russ Harrow, 53, Taylorsville
• Richard Harris, 27, Taylorsville
• Angela Hamilton, 53, Taylorsville
• John Johnsen, 55, Hickory
• Hubert Lambert, 73, Lincolnton
• Katie Leford, 43, Hickory
• Morgan Turner, 21, Lincolnton
• Gary Walker, 61, Taylorsville
• Dwight Winters, 36, Morganton
• Benjamin Zachary, 57, Taylorsville