Skip to main content

Kitchen fire

October 2, 2012

Catawba firefighters responded to a house fire Tuesday afternoon at 202 E. Central Ave. in Catawba. The 68-year-old homeowner was using his stove when his kitchen caught fire. The man was able to get out of his home and called 911 around 2:30 p.m. Catawba Fire Chief Gary Sigmon said the fire was contained in the kitchen. The man was transported to Catawba Valley Medical Center for precautionary measures. Catawba and Claremont Fire Departments were on the scene. along with Catawba County EMS and Catawba Rescue.

Facing 4th and 9 on its opening drive, the Newton-Conover football team capitalized on a special...
After more than 1,000 yards of offense and 16 total touchdowns, the St. Stephens Indians came away...
Below is a look at Friday's prep football scores from Catawba County and across the state: Catawba...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes