Skip to main content

Fire destroys Newton home

April 23, 2012

Fire destroyed a one-story house Sunday in south Newton.

Fire officials say a blaze completely destroyed the home at about 10 a.m. Sunday morning at 902 Elliot Lane in Newton.

Catawba County fire marshals investigated the scene and traced the fire back to either hot ashes or a discarded cigarette in a trashcan.

Catawba native Bobby Lutz is a finalist for the head men's basketball coaching job at College of...
Todd Starkey is leaving the Lenoir-Rhyne women’s basketball program to take an assistant coaching...
After five seasons, Ryan Succop's career as a Kansas City Chief is over. The Chiefs cut the veteran...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes