Skip to main content

Fire damages Hickory mobile home

June 4, 2012

Fire officials say a candle caused a fire that damaged a mobile home Monday morning in Hickory.

At 8:12 a.m., Hickory and St. Stephens firefighters responded to Paradise Valley Mobile Home Park off 27th Street NE.

Catawba County EMS also responded to the scene, and firefighters contained the blaze within 20 minutes.

Investigators determined a candle started the fire, and no injuries were reported.

The fire was contained to a bedroom, according to a press release from the Hickory Fire Department.

The Catawba Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the family.

Below is a look at Wednesday's prep sports scores involving Catawba County teams: Volleyball Fred T...
The Newton-Conover and Bunker Hill volleyball programs added another page to their annual rivalry...
Below is a look at Tuesday's prep sports scores involving Catawba County teams: Volleyball Bandys 3...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes