Skip to main content

Chemicals explode in Lenoir-Rhyne dorm

April 25, 2012

No one was injured when a chemical-filled plastic drink bottle exploded Tuesday night in a bathroom inside a Lenoir-Rhyne University dorm.

Hickory fire and police personnel responded to Morgan Dorm just after 8:30 p.m. Tuesday after receiving a call of an explosion.

Authorities found a plastic drink bottle that had been placed in a bathroom and exploded due to a chemical reaction from the contents inside, according a press release from the Hickory Police Department.

No injuries or damage occurred.

Police identified suspects, and charges are forthcoming.

An undrafted rookie in 2012, Austin Johnson was ready to start his NFL career in Baltimore. After...
It didn't take long for Ryan Succop to land on his feet. The former Kansas City Chiefs and Hickory...
Catawba native Bobby Lutz is a finalist for the head men's basketball coaching job at College of...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes