Skip to main content

Candle starts house fire in Newton

January 10, 2013

A Newton Fire Department firefighter removes the bedroom window to clear smoke from a residence at 119 West G Street in Newton on Wednesday. O-N-E PHOTO BY Yerby Ray

The Newton Fire Department responded Wednesday to a house fire at 119 West G street at 2:55 p.m.

The units arrived to find the single story residence filled with smoke and the occupants all accounted for outside.

The resident, Rose Lawing, was across the street visiting her mother when the fire broke out according to fire officials.  She had been alerted by a neighbor who saw the smoke and went to look for her.

To read more of this story, pick up the Friday edition of Catawba County's community newspaper, The Observer News Enterprise, at newsstands throughout the county.

Below is a look at Friday's first-round playoff basketball scores in the 2A and 3A ranks involving...
Graduating as an Indian from St. Stephens High School, Will Simms II knows something about being a...
Snow in the area once again cancelled first-round boys and girls playoff basketball games in...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes