Skip to main content

1 dead, 1 critical after morning crash

April 26, 2011

One teenager is dead and another person is in critical condition after an early morning crash in Sherrills Ford.
Tyler Scott Good, 20, of Newton, was driving east in a Mitsubishi Eclipse on Mt. Beulah Road in Sherrills Ford at 3:48 a.m. Tuesday.
N.C. Trooper S.R. Lineberger said Good was traveling at about 70 mph in a 45-mph zone. Lineberger said Good went off the right side of the road, lost control, crossed the centerline, went over to the left side of the road, flipped over and hit a tree.
Jordan Bone, 17, of Sherrills Ford, was the passenger in the car. She died on the scene.
Michael Brandon Davis, 18, of Denver, was a back-right passenger and was ejected from the vehicle. Davis is in stable condition at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte. Good is in critical condition at CMC.
Lineberger said Good and Bone were wearing seat belts at the time of the crash; however, Davis was not.
Keith Bost, chief with Sherrills Ford-Terrell Fire and Rescue, said firefighters had to cut the seat belt to remove one individual in the accident.
Lineberger does not think alcohol or drugs were involved in the accident. He was not sure where the teens were headed; however, he said they were traveling east on Mt. Beulah Road after visiting friends.
No other vehicles were involved in the accident.
Bandys Volunteer Fire Department also responded to the scene.
N.C. Highway Patrol is investigating the accident, but no charges have been filed.
Catawba County Schools' records show Bone withdrew as a student at Bandys High School in October. It is not known if she was a student at another school.

Comments

Small list of FACTS from the mother

June 18, 2012 by Jordis Mom, 1 year 43 weeks ago
Comment: 1132

I appreciate all of those who have stood up for me..as I try to grieve the loss of my daughter. I have not been able to respond/ lash out as the investigation was/is ongoing. 1) the "crash"- not accident, happened prior to 3:51 am BUT 911 was not called due to reasons that have been slowly unraveling. 2) My daughter was not out partying she was visiting a friend she had not seen in 2 months & 18 days-I know this cause I spoke to her several times that night 3) the PROOF that my daughter was alcohol/cocaine etc etc free was validated when I had the gut wrenching horror of HAVING to read her AUTOPSY. 4) Jordi also knew how dangerous/unforgiving that Mt Beulah was/is & we had moments that she would get upset when I would use that road (as a short cut)...due to road conditions & DEER. 5) I knew exactly where my daughter was that night & who she WAS with & she had even called HOURS before to say she was coming home...she was 2 roads over from our home ( less than 2 minute drive). BUT the FACT is she was killed 3 miles away, the OPPOSITE direction of home. 6) the most painful to my family is~~Jordi grew up from Elementary school to High School w these individuals but yet few have been cooperative w the authorities & families to bring "justice for Jordi" 7) Most important FACT is that the TRUTH WILL come out. I would love to give more evidence that was uncovered @ the crash site & then with the autopsy... Very few know but some things NEEDS to be with held for NOW. Someone had stated that 2 people really know what happened but actually there are more... Other than Jordi, Tyler & God. I would also like to address the person who said something about Parental Control.. If you have children maybe you should worry about your own... tomorrow is NOT promised to anyone & even though I do not hate you for your harsh comments & jumping to conclusions.. I do Not wish on anyone to have to identify your child's body then bury them. Comments/ Rumors have hurt my family~but please remember that Jordi has a little sister that is truly devastated daily. Jordi was not only a loving daughter/ friend to many~ but was a big sister/best friend/ 2nd mommy to her Iil sister. EVERY morning she wakes to the pain of not having Jordi here to wake her w tickles/ Hugs & kisses & no longer has the positive influences of having a big sister to tell her "everything will be Ok"& help her along w the kids drama that "mommy was too old to understand;)". SINCERELY the grieving "mommy"

stop.

June 13, 2012 by michaela., 1 year 44 weeks ago
Comment: 1130

None of you know what really happened that night so the comments need to stop. The mother played no part in what went wrong. Brandon was Jordis bestfriend and Tyler meant something to her. If she had known what was going to happen she wouldn't of done it. Tyler is basically my big brother and he knew that road like the back of his hand and he did what every teen does and just so happened to be the unlucky one. I know my cousin better than anyone amd he never wouldve intentionally killed someone. There are two people who know what truly happened, so the rest of you need to stop telling the story as if you were there.

May 11, 2011 by sydney, 2 years 48 weeks ago
Comment: 403

jordi was a great girl,. i met her at the alternate school last yeaar. we were good friends and she was so sweet. there is nothing wrong with her mother letting her out with her friendzs come on now its spring break! i mean yeah tyler shouldnt have being going that fast but i dnt blam him either for what happen. i hope the best for jodi and tara and the rest of the family. (:

Really people really

April 28, 2011 by sehall5551, 2 years 50 weeks ago
Comment: 380

You know what I went to school with Michael aka Brandon. He's a great guy. Yes they were out early in the morning but hello its spring break for them their senior year I did the exact same thing. And to answer the question about speeding on that road coming from someone who has lived off of it for many years, normally you can speed and not have any problems and the fact that we travel the roads enough to know them like the back of our hands. I am not saying it is alright to be going as fast as Tyler was and the conditions but you have to think like one of us. As for Jordi she was an amazing girl and her mother let her out with 2 boys because Michael aka Brandon was her best friend for many years. Are you saying that my mother was a bad mother because she let me hang out with my guy friends on spring break? People you really need to think about Jodi aka Jordis mom. She was most likely a wonderful mother and cared so much for Jordi. I never actually met her but to say that she could have done more to stop her daughter from dieing in a car crash during spring break is a bit much. Bandys lost 2 other girls Hayden and Lyndsay a few years back in a car crash too and no amount of parenting could have helped them. So blaming Jordi's mother is very rude and wrong of you. Thank you to all who have responded...from alumni of Bandys High School 2010 Sara

yall should hAVE A page in

May 11, 2011 by sydney, 2 years 48 weeks ago
Comment: 404

yall should hAVE A page in the yearbook for her

What a Shame!

April 27, 2011 by cricket (not verified), 2 years 50 weeks ago
Comment: 368

I agree that after what has happened, it's a shame that someone would have the gall to get on here and blame the mother like they did. The ONE should remove these horrible comments.

So very sad

April 27, 2011 by hereandnow2011, 2 years 50 weeks ago
Comment: 366

This is so very sad to see yet more young people from the same school leaving this world. I do not know the kids involved in the crash, one of my close family members went to school with these kids. I must say the person talking about this young lady's mother needs to keep that to their self or some thing because there is no need for that. This mother lost her baby i am sure she feels very bad and does not need help feeling this way. Most parents start to loosen the grip on their kids by the age of 17.
My heart goes out the the Mother of this young lady and the other familys in the middle of the sad mess.

It could have happened at any

April 26, 2011 by Wendy, 2 years 51 weeks ago
Comment: 356

It could have happened at any time of the day.

Parental Control

April 26, 2011 by blumistique, 2 years 51 weeks ago
Comment: 359

I agree, these kids should not have been out at 4 in the morning. Jordi's mother should have had a better grip on her child. What mother would let their daughter out with 2 boys at 4 in the morning? I hate that her life was lost but better parenting would have protected her from such a tragic accident. Tyler and Michael are over the age of 18 so parenting has nothing to do with them. Tyler should have used better judgement! Everyone from the Catawba County area know how many deaths have happened on Mt. Beulah Rd. It's no secret! These boys have lost other class mates on this road due to speed and yet here we are again with yet another death on this road due to speed. What were they thinking? I hope Tyler and Michael make it through but Teens... please listen... Next time your parents say they are doing it for your own good and trying to protect you... this is a classic example of the things that can happen! Jordi, honey... may you rest in peace!

You should be ashamed

April 27, 2011 by cricket (not verified), 2 years 50 weeks ago
Comment: 369

You should be ashamed for talking about this girls' mom the way you did. Maybe some of what you say is true, but what good is this doing? And think how much worse this is making the Mom feel. Shame on you, blumistique!

Young people..

April 26, 2011 by Backbone (not verified), 2 years 51 weeks ago
Comment: 354

..out at 3:48 AM on a Tuesday morning. Why? Why? WHy?

Below is the schedule for the 24th Annual Catawba County Easter Baseball Classic: 24th Catawba...
Below is a look at Tuesday's prep sports postponements involving Catawba County teams: Baseball...
Below is a look at Monday's prep sports scores involving Catawba County teams: Baseball Fred T....

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes