Twenty-five minutes north of Hickory, on U.S. 321, JEBCC has offered quality entertainment and rental facilities since 1993.
Jeff Bentley, director of JEBCC, said the center has seen a lot of growth each year.
â€śItâ€™s quite a challenge for us â€” a lot of people have misconceptions about the facility,â€ť Bentley said. â€śWe are 95 percent self-supporting â€” we raise those funds.â€ť
Newton fire officials determined the cause of a Wednesday morning house fire at 5 South Ervin Avenue was due to a discarded cigarette.
The homeowner noticed smoke coming from a rear room of the house and called 911, according to Newton Fire Chief Kevin Yoder.
â€śShe carried out most of the burning material to the front porch,â€ť Yoder said.